collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: What will be new in the next version? (posting guidelines - download)  (Read 16545 times)

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
In this topic you can find what the developers are working on regarding RSGallery2 for Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5: snapshots of the development (a preview of what might be in the next release), the so-called 'Nightly Builds'. You can find the installable zip below (you need to login to see the attached file(s)). They are available for testing purposes. Please read the last messages back to see what's changed since the lates official release.

Warning: Use with caution, don't use on production sites, and as always don't forget to backup, backup, backup...

Info
Available Nightly Builds (see included changelog for changes):
- com_rsgallery2_j16_Nightly_v3alpha_SVN1005.zip (2)
- com_rsgallery2_j16_Nightly_v3alpha_SVN1006.zip (4)
- com_rsgallery2_j16_Nightly_v3alpha_SVN1012.zip (10)
- com_rsgallery2_j16_Nightly_v3alpha_SVN1018.zip (5)
- com_rsgallery2_j16_Nightly_v3alpha_SVN1023.zip (23)
- Note: The release RSGallery2 3RC1 is SVN1026
- com_rsgallery2_v3RC1_SVN1040 (5)
- Note: The release RSGallery2 3.0.1 is SVN1046
- com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1050.zip (2)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1051.zip (1)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1052.zip (0)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1053.zip (4)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1054.zip (5)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1056.zip (9)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1057.zip (0)
- Note: The release RSGallery2 3.1.0 is SVN1061
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1063.zip (1)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1067.zip
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1072.zip (1)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1073.zip (7)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1075.zip (1)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1076.zip (2)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1077.zip (2)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1078.zip (2)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1080.zip (3)
- com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1082.zip (6)
- Note: The release RSGallery2 3.2.0 is SVN1098

Please discuss these Nightly Builds by opening a thread in the board "Nightly Builds for RSGallery2 in Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5" (http://www.rsgallery2.nl/nightly_builds_rsgallery2_joomla_1.61.72.5/) unless you were referred to this topic in another thread, in that case please put your feedback in that thread.

Posting rules
  • Start the subject line with [SVN xyz] where xyz is the SVN number of the Nightly Build you are using.
  • Think of a meaningfull subject line (e.g. not "it does not work").
  • Check if your problem already has been reported.
  • Please include any relevant information:
    • How to recreate the bug (preferably on a fresh Joomla install)?
    • Versions of Joomla, RSGallery2, PHP, ...
    • Are you using SEF, if yes, only Joomla SEF (where RSGallery2's advanced option is on or off) or what third party SEF?
    • What did you expect to happen and what did happen?
    • Now that J!1.6 ACL is implemented: also mention if your user is logged on and what permissions it has for the component/gallery/item.
  • In case of questions, suggestions, etc. about a language, please help us by giving us the codes and the names for a language. E.g. nl-NL is dutch (nl) and the Netherlands (NL), just as pt-BR is portugese as spoken in Brazil.

The following options are known not to function in 3.x.x
Please, do not report problems with these items, we're working on it.
  • Backend: Installation of templates with Template Manager
  • Most .sys.ini files like "en-GB.com_rsgallery2.sys.ini" have only english strings, so the menu items are all in english (except for dutch (nl-NL)). Translators are invited to create those files and post them in the board "Nightly Builds for RSGallery2 in Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5" (http://www.rsgallery2.nl/nightly_builds_rsgallery2_joomla_1.61.72.5/

Available languages
  • Tested: english (en-GB), dutch (nl-NL), persian (fa-IR, since SVN 1033).
  • Not tested (translators and feedback from users appreciated): danish (da-DK), german (de-DE), greek (el-GR), spanish (es-ES), finnish (fi-FI), french (fr-FR), hebrew (he-IL), croatian (hr-HR), hungarian (hu-HU), italian (it-IT), norwegian (nb-NO), brazilian portugese (pt-BR), slovenian (sl-SI), turkish (tr-TR).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:31:30 PM by mirjam »
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Available Nighlty Builds - posting guidelines - download
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:17:33 PM »
Biggest changes in v3 since SVN 1012:
  • + J!1.6 ACL: rules can be set for the component, galleries and images
  • ^ Backend implemented ACL configure and access.
  • ^ Frontend My galleries works with permissions (that can be set in backend).
  • ^ Moved .sys.ini files to admin/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_rsgallery2.sys.ini etc.
  • + Save button on edit image and edit gallery pages (addition to save & close)

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »
Biggest changes in v3 since SVN 1018:
  • ACL implemented in Backend
  • .sys.ini files available for all languages, although except for the ducht nl-NL file the keys still have english values (open invitation to tranlators...). Find the .sys.ini files in admin/language in the zip.
  • Slideshow Phatfusion removed (uses older version of Mootools that isn't supported by J!1.6
  • Front-end My Galleries shows up to 10 levels deep instead of only two
  • Removed rsgAccess class, it's deprecated now that there is J!1.6 ACL

We're working towards a Release Candidate now!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »
Changes in SVN1040 with respect to v3RC1
  • Added zip upload in frontend
  • Added regenerate display images option
  • Frontend MyGalleries now has possibility to (un)publish/delete multiple images at once (user needs Edit State/Delete permission for individual images)
  • Frontend MyGalleries has proper pagination for imagelist
  • Added option to set default state for uploaded images to (un)published (for users with Edit State permission for the chosen gallery)
  • Watermark display image no longer shows original image
  • Added persian (fa-IR) thanks to user Joomir
  • Now installing in MySQL 5.5

[Download available in top post (for logged in users)]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Available Nightly Builds - posting guidelines - download
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
Changes in SVN1050 with respect to v3.0.1
  • Added choice for menu-item that links directly to the slideshow (as discussed here: http://www.rsgallery2.nl/developer_lobby/show_gallery_as_slideshow_menu_manager_16766.msg43645.html)
  • Added View Access Level to galleries
    • Galleries in the frontend are only shown 1) if the gallery is published and the user has view access, or 2) if the user is the owner of the gallery (a red H icon will indicate unpublished galleries)
    • Items (e.g. images) in the frontend are only shown 1) if the gallery to which they belong to is published and the user has view access for the gallery, or 2) if the user is the owner of the gallery to which the item belongs and the item is published
    • In My Galleries only those items and galleries are shown for which the user has View Access. Exception: Super Administrators see all items and galleries
    • Note: View Access is not 'inherited': If you're not allowed to see gallery Fruit, then you won't see its subgallery Apples even when you have View Access to that gallery (if there is a menu-item linking directly to the subgallery Apples it will show, it's parent View Access does not matter).
    • Note: anyone who knows where the images are stored on the server and knows what the image name is can access the image directly (this is something that might change in the future, but it needs a Big change in the code).
  • Version number is bumped to 3.0.2 instead of 3.0.1 to allow for some database changes: added `access` field to `#__rsgallery2_galleries` and set to 1 (Public access) for all galleries; increase in the length of fields `name` and `title` for the items.

[Download available in top post (for logged in users)]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:38:49 PM by mirjam »

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Available Nightly Builds - posting guidelines - download
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »
Changes in SVN1051 with respect to SVN1050
  • Comment and vote permission is no longer set in the Control Panel > Configuration > tab: Images > Commenting/Voting enabled, but in the Permission settings: Options button for the component and Set Permission button per gallery when editing a gallery (added message upon upgrade about this).
    The permission to comment/vote can be set per usergroup and per gallery. General information about setting permissions in Joomla! 1.7 can be found here: http://docs.joomla.org/ACL_Tutorial_for_Joomla_1.6. You will find that in RSGallery2 there is a 'vote' and 'comment' permission added for the Component Options and the Gallery options.
  • The Captcha used in the form for commenting on images now uses Securimage 3.0 by Drew Philips (www.phpcaptcha.org)

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1051.zip]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: What will be new in the next version? (posting guidelines - download)
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »
Changes in SVN1052 with respect to SVN1051

Added the possibility of using parameters in Slideshow Parth (template parameters are saved upon RSGallery2 upgrade). Think of slideshow transition effects, setting background and text colors and setting the size of the slideshow.

Instructions
  • Install this Nightly Build (warning: if you have changed the Slideshow Parth templates your changes will be lost, so make sure you have a backup...)
  • Go to the frontend and view a slideshow (this creates a params.ini file in the slideshow parth template directory, only when this file exists (and is writable) you can save your settings)
  • View settings: Backend > Components > RSGallery2 > Control Panel > Template Manager > Manage > select: Slideshow_Parth > click: Edit
  • Edit settings and click Save
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:32:14 PM by mirjam »

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
Changes in SVN1054 with respect to SVN1052

Full italian (it-IT) translation available thanks to user Scioz.

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1054.zip]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »
Changes in SVN1056 with respect to SVN1054

Joomla 2.5 beta 1 is out and ready for testing for developers. Of course we did that. There were a few backwards compatibility issues, although the goal of Joomla 2.5 is to be backwards compatible to 1.7 and 1.6, but there is a solution...
...for those willing or wanting to test RSGallery2 on Joomla 2.5.0 beta 1, here is a Nightly version. It should work as expected on Joomla 1.7 as well (currently version 1.7.3).

Note: An official release of RSGallery2 for Joomla 2.5 is waiting for the release of Joomla 2.5.0.

Happy New Year!

Edit (12 January 2012)
The goal for Joomla! 2.5 is to have it backwards compatible with 1.7 and 1.6. RSGallery2 encountered three backwards compatibility issues with J!2.5.0beta1, two of them are fixed in 2.5.0beta2. The third is seen as a legacy issue and will not be changed in J!2.5.0 (see the section JComponentHelper on this wiki-page). The solution to this issue is implemented in SVN 1056, so available in this and later Nightly Builds, and is backwards compatible for J!1.7 as well.

Edit (21 January 2012)
No problems with Joomla 2.5.0 RC1 and the latest Nightly Build: SVN1057.

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1056.zip]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:59:14 PM by mirjam »

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 06:06:58 PM »
Changes in SVN1057 with respect to SVN1056

^ Created sliders for Configuration’s tab Images
^ Removed unused settings “Resize portrait images by height using Display Picture Width”, “Create directories if they don't exist “, “Resize Option” and “User can only comment once” (all commented).
^ The Allowed filetypes are hardcoded (images: "jpg",'jpeg',"gif","png"), no longer showing them in input box.
^ Moved setting FTP Path tot Image Upload section and corrected base path information.
^ Hardcoded textstring “(ex. C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe)” now translatable.
^ Upon Save in Configuration now using Joomla messages instread of RSG2 printAdminMsg
# Corrected missing language strings showing in pagination when you have a paginated list of galleires in the front-end
- Removed directory preparedLanguages

Edit (jan, 12, 2012)
Works on Joomla 2.5.0 beta2

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.0.2_SVN1057.zip]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:38:40 AM by mirjam »

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »
Changes in SVN1063 with respect to SVN1061
  • Updated de-DE language file and de-DE menu-items thanks to user Chfrey
  • Error reporting in Step 1 of the FTP upload is more user friendly.

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1063.zip]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
Changes in SVN1067 with respect to SVN1063
  • Fixed uploads where the Graphics Library Netpbm is used.

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1067.zip]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 02:19:48 PM »
Changes in SVN1072 with respect to SVN1067
  • Added *.own permissions in Frontend (not (yet) Backend!) My Galleries (e.g. permission to delete (etc.) items/galleries owned by the logged in user)
  • Fixed apply/save in Configuration Raw Edit screen

About these new permissions (extra with respect to Joomla's core permissions):
  • Create Own: set at component and gallery level
    This allows the user to upload images to galleries that he owns and create galleries in parent galleries that he owns.
  • Delete Own: set at component, gallery and item level
    This allows the user to delete images or galleries that he owns.
  • Edit State Own: set at component, gallery and item level
    This allows the user to edit the state (published or not) of images or galleries that he owns.

Basically, it is implemented the same way as the Edit Own permission that is in the Joomla Core. So if you understand Joomla's core permissions, and the distinction between Edit and Edit Own, then you'll understand this as well. When you set the permissions in the backend for the different user groups you can now enjoy these newly added permissions in the frontend My Galleries!
Note: Need some basic help with Joomla Permissions? Here you go: http://docs.joomla.org/ACL_Tutorial_for_Joomla_1.6

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j17_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1067.zip]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Changes in SVN1073 with respect to SVN1072
  • Fixed a "Class 'JFormFieldList' not found" fatal error when translating an RSGallery2 menu item with JoomFish 2.5 alpha.

Currently the 3rd party component JoomFish 2.5 for Joomla 2.5 is being developed and it's in its alpha stage. The Content Elements for RSGallery2 used on Joomla 1.5 can be used on Joomla 2.5 with JoomFish 2.5 as well (http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/rsgallery2/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=5424).

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1073.zip]

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
Changes in SVN1075 with respect to SVN1073
  • New finnish language file thanks to user Ripley
  • Automatically add index.html to directories that RSGallery2 uses for its images.
  • The language string COM_RSGALLERY2_IMAGES was used for both "Images" and "images": a new string is introduced, COM_RSGALLERY2_CONTROL_PANEL_TAB_IMAGES to be able to have the difference (thanks to user Ripley for pointing this out). For all available languages the extra string was added with the same translation as COM_RSGALLERY2_IMAGES.

[Download available in top post (for logged in users): com_rsgallery2_j25_Nightly_v3.1.0_SVN1075.zip]