collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: [SVN 1012] Translation danish (da-DK) does not work probably  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Bakkegaard

[SVN 1012] Translation danish (da-DK) does not work probably
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:20:50 AM »
Subject says it all. Tell me how to translate, and i will do it?

Regards

Bakkegaard

Offline locutusweb

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: [SVN 1012] Translation danish (da-DK) does not work probably
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:19:34 PM »
You mean: you only see english in frontend and backend?

I see that is the danish installation and menu file is missing. Would you be so kind to translate that (e.g. en-GB.com_rsgallery2.sys.ini) for us? We advise to use the Notepad ++ editor and save the file in UTF-8 without BOM.

TIA

(Please post the translated file as a compressed file; for obvious reasons we do not accept .ini files)

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
Thanks for your offer to help out!

Addition to locutusweb:
There is a danish da-DK.com_rsgallery2.ini file for the backend and frontend, but not for the menu-items. It is the da-DK.com_rsgallery2.sys.ini file that locutusweb refers to. The .sys.ini file is new in J!1.6.

In addition to that, all language files had to be changed since the keys can no longer contain e.g. spaces and the strings need to be enclosed in double quotes ("string"). There can be a problem within the da-DK.com_rsgallery2.ini file. You can check this by setting "Debug System" to "Yes" and "Debug Language" to "Yes" (Backend > Site > Global Configuration > System). Then check for "Parsing errors in language files" at the bottom of each page.

Examples of problems
  • COM RSGALLERY2_AUTHOR_INFORMATION="Author information" --> key has a space in it
  • COM_RSGALLERY2_AUTHOR_INFORMATION="Author information --> missing quote at the and of the string
  • COM_RSGALLERY2_AUTHOR_INFORMATION.="Author information" --> period (.) in key is not allowed
  • COM_RSGALLERY2_AUTHOR_INFORMATION="Author information" --> correct
There are new keys/strings in the en-GB.com_rsgallery2.ini file as well, see that file for the "new in v3..." line.
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »
Check out the SVN 1023 zip and find your languages .sys.ini file. There you can translate the english strings into your language. It's gotten easier since my last post  ;)
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!