collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: Where to put the language files?  (Read 6106 times)

Offline Mats Gudmundsson

Where to put the language files?
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:11:29 PM »
Using Joomla 1.5 and the latest 2.0 RSGallery2...

Found some swedish.php language file... but there is no language folder to put it in. Read some where that it should be placed in administrator/components/com_rsgallery/language... so I created this folder and put the file there. Nothing happens!

1. Why is there no language folder for RSGallery2?
2. Where to put the language files?
3. Is there any diffrence in 2.0 from 1.14 or does the same language files work?

Can someone please explain, I can't find this information...

Offline Mats Gudmundsson

Re: Where to put the language files?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
Ok done some research myself;

Language files for Joomla 1.5 only exists in;
/var/www/album/language/
/var/www/album/administrator/language/
Here also all components have their language files.

There seems not to be any RSGallery2 language files for the default english language in Joomla 1.5!?! I guess it uses some hardcoded english language strings if nothing other exist.

I found no swedish translations for RSGallery2 but I have started to translate one myself.

Where do I put it to get it into your RSGallery2 builds later on?

Where do I find the very latest english language file for RSGallery2 2.X.X? (I want that one as base for my translation, and the link at the wiki does not work)

One more question; Is the language files under /var/www/album/language/ and /var/www/album/administrator/language/ identical? Or should they differ?

Thanks for your help!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Where to put the language files?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
Where do I put it to get it into your RSGallery2 builds later on?

Where do I find the very latest english language file for RSGallery2 2.X.X? (I want that one as base for my translation, and the link at the wiki does not work)

One more question; Is the language files under /var/www/album/language/ and /var/www/album/administrator/language/ identical? Or should they differ?

On the first two questions: see http://rsgallery2.nl/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,17/topic,15336.msg39773#msg39773 (people put their translated files there and there is a location mentioned where you can find the latest english language file).

Last question: I found the language files in /JOOMLAROOT/administrator/language/.../ and /JOOMLAROOT/language/.../ identical, and there is a file needed at both places.

There seems not to be any RSGallery2 language files for the default english language in Joomla 1.5!?!
If my memory serves me: I thought that when I installed Joomla with a second language that I could see the language dirs. Languages not installed on Joomla are not installed for RSGallery2. In my case: I had Joomla 1.5.4 with en-GB and nl-NL, so with RSGallery2 I got en-GB and nl-NL folders in both language folders (and error messages for all other languages). Just as you mention, when I had only one language installed in Joomla 1.5.x I couldn't find the language folders (and thought I was crazy?).
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!