collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: Export Gallery Structure & Images From RSGallery2  (Read 4109 times)

Offline motionpotion

Export Gallery Structure & Images From RSGallery2
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
Hi.

I am upgrading a site to Joomla 3.  I need to move away from RSGallery2 so I need to export the existing gallery structure and images into folders so I can recreate.

The currently gallery structure in RSGallery2 in Joomla administrator is like the following:

|-  Some Folder 1
    |-  Some Folder 2
    |-  Some Folder 3
    |-  etc.

For each year there is an identical structure below it.

But on disk in my hosting environment that folder structure does not exist because RSGallery doesn't create those galleries in folders on disk.

How can I migrate the images while keeping the structure?

Offline whazzup

• Dev Team
Re: Export Gallery Structure & Images From RSGallery2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »
Probably you found the gallery original files in ".../images/rsgallery/original". The link to the gallery structure is hidden inside the database of the website.

Are you able to extract the tables ?
Regards
If you are looking for the newest version of  RSGallery2 for Joomla 3 please check out https://github.com/RSGallery2

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Export Gallery Structure & Images From RSGallery2
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »
All images for RSGallery2 are in one folder (a display images folder, a thumbs folder and a folder for original images if you chose to keep them). In the database per image a gallery is indicated and per gallery is its parent indicated which gives the tree structure. Which is what whazzup says with "the gallery structure is hidden" :)

JoomGallery is (was?) a Joomla component where images are stored in a folder structure that is the same as the gallery structure. See this post http://www.rsgallery2.nl/rsgallery2_3.x_bugs_problems/cant_update_path_thumbdisplay_image_per_item_16921.msg44377.html#msg44377, with a bit of history, about a migration script from RSGallery2 to JoomGallery. Note that it is old, but perhaps you could try it, maybe even adjust it a bit where needed and report back. See the notes in the php file! You can use any text editor to read the file, however, an editor like Notepad++ that shows syntax highlighting makes life easier.

Which component will you be using in Joomla 3?
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!