collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: Image upload goes to blank page  (Read 5316 times)

Offline emmtee

Image upload goes to blank page
« on: December 02, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
Hi
When I try to upload an image to a gallery it goes to a blank page when I click upload button

Windows Server
Joomla 2.5.9
PHP 5.5.11
RSGallery 2 v 3.2.0

Any ideas

Malcolm

Offline emmtee

Re: Image upload goes to blank page
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »
Quick update
Tried the Zip upload and that seems to work OK

Offline whazzup

• Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »
It may have to do with PHP 5.5.11. We have to check this out and fix it
If you are looking for the newest version of  RSGallery2 for Joomla 3 please check out https://github.com/RSGallery2

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:48:49 PM »
Please update Joomla to the latest version, 2.5.27 at the moment (http://www.joomla.org/download.html).

For the white screen: turn on Joomla's debug (see here on how to do that:
http://www.rsgallery2.nl/rsgallery2_3.x_bugs_problems/posting_rules_16708.0.html), then instead of a white/blank screen, you will probably see an error message. Please post the error message here.
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline emmtee

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »
Joomla reporting latest version and up to date - using Joomla 2.5.9. All extension are reporting up to date.

Enabled debug and got the following

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ***\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filter\input.php on line 652

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ***\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filter\input.php on line 654

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ***\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filter\input.php on line 652

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ***\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filter\input.php on line 654

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\includes\config.class.php on line 224

Strict Standards: Declaration of rsgImagesItem::_getAssetParentId() should be compatible with JTable::_getAssetParentId($table = NULL, $id = NULL) in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\options\images.class.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method rsgInstance::instance() should not be called statically in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\admin.rsgallery2.php on line 16

Notice: Array to string conversion in ***\htdocs\libraries\joomla\filter\input.php on line 170

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\options\images.php on line 495

Strict Standards: Non-static method fileUtils::importImage() should not be called statically in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\options\images.php on line 521

Strict Standards: Non-static method fileUtils::determineHandle() should not be called statically in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\includes\file.utils.php on line 85

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\includes\video.utils.php on line 226

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:51:05 PM by mirjam »

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
Note that the Joomla version you mention, 2.5.9, is not the latest version. See http://www.joomla.org/download.html and get 2.5.27 (possibly fixing the "deprecated" messages and the "notice"?).

The issue that stops everything, causing a white screen when debug is off, is the fatal error
Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in ***\htdocs\administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\includes\video.utils.php on line 226

This refers to this line
Code: [Select]
        exec($cmd, &$output, &$return);
where the &-signs should be removed to get
Code: [Select]
        exec($cmd, $output, $return);
From PHP 5.4.0 on this &-sign raises a fatal error (information: http://php.net/manual/en/language.references.pass.php).

Please remember to turn off debug when you're finished searching for problems.

With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline emmtee

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:58:32 AM »
Hi Mirjam

I have updated video.utils.php

However, when I try to install Joomla_2.5.x_to_2.5.27-Stable-Patch_Package I get a connection reset message.
I have tried installing from zip file and also uploading files to a folder within the tmp folder and going from there, both with the same result

Any ideas on how to get round this - very frustrating

Thanks
Malcolm

Offline whazzup

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 10:13:43 PM »
Dear Malcom
Could you have a little patience with us ?
I fear that the PHP version doesn't match the J2.5. Actually i am a bit busy but In the first days of January i want to check out your problem.
Regards Whazzup
If you are looking for the newest version of  RSGallery2 for Joomla 3 please check out https://github.com/RSGallery2

Offline whazzup

• Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 04:01:03 PM »
Dear Malcom
With PHP version 5.5 and J1 2.5 i see a similar behaviour . I did create a test version for J! 2.5 where most "=&" are removed. On my tests i could load images from ftp path and single images. Shall i send this test version to you ?

Offline emmtee

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 01:07:18 PM »
Yes please