collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: RSGallery2 2.2.1 has been released  (Read 5813 times)

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
RSGallery2 2.2.1 has been released
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
Hello all,

The RSGallery2 development team is pleased to announce the release of RSGallery2 2.2.1 (for Joomla! 1.5.x) to the public. This version consists mostly of bug fixes and interface tweaks.

Main changes in RSGallery2 2.2.1 for Joomla 1.5
- Aliases are introduced for items and galleries (similar to Joomla's content article aliases). RSG2's 'Advanced SEF' option uses these aliases.
- Backend lists now by default shows number of items set in Joomla's Global Config instead of all items.
- Breadcrumb path corrections and changes (e.g. My galleries now shows in the pathway)
- In the backend galleries view there is a link (arrow-image) to the items view where only those items from the specific gallery are shown
- Menu items are now translatable: menu language file for english en-GB and dutch nl-NL are included (files for other languages are welcome in our forum) and javascript alerts are translatable as well.
- Description now shows in Slideshow Parth.
- Watermark dispaly image shows correct (display not original) image
... and other small bugfixes, changes and changes to the language files (see changelog for an overview).

Feel free to report any bugs or problems in the forum.

The RSGallery2 team

Instructions for new installation
Go to Joomla's Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Browse to package file... > Click Upload File & Install

Easy upgrade
Go to the Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Browse to package file > Click Upload File & Install (Note: upgrade will automatically overwrite all RSGallery2 system files and update the database, but it will leave your images untouched.)

Upgrade when you have custom templates
   1. Backup your custom RSG2 templates if you have any;
   2. Uninstall previous version from Joomla backend (databasetables and images will be kept, but RSG2 template directory will be removed):
       Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Components > Select RSGallery2 > click Uninstall
   3. Install new version (install recognises old version number and will automatically upgrade):
       Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Browse to package file > Click Upload File & Install
   4. Install your custom RSG2 template if you had any;
   5. Redo any custom changes
   6. Open the Menu Item pointing to RSGallery2 in the menu manager and save, this is to update the itemID
       (possibly, this step is no longer needed in J!1.5.23).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:50:14 AM by mirjam »
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!