collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: RSGallery2 3.0.1 has been released  (Read 6689 times)

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
RSGallery2 3.0.1 has been released
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
Hello all,

Now that RSGallery2 3RC1 is downloaded more than 3000 times, we are proud to release RSGallery2 3.0.1 (for Joomla! 1.6.x and 1.7.x). With a Thank You to the users who gave feedback, there have been some improvements and additions.

This version has several improvements on its frontend My Galleries (zip upload, lists have selectboxes to (un)publish/delete multiple items) and the list is properly paginated. A regenerate display images option is added and an option to set the default state for uploaded images to (un)published.

Thanks to user Joomir persian language files (fa-IR) were added.

See the changelog for all the changes and bugfixes and feel free to report any bugs or problems in the forum.

The RSGallery2 team

Instructions for new installation
Joomla's Backend > Extensions > Extension Manager > Browse... (find the downloaded file) > Upload File & Install

Easy upgrade
Go to the Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Browse to package file > Click Upload File & Install (Note: upgrade will automatically overwrite all RSGallery2 system files, but it will leave your images untouched.)

Upgrade when you have custom templates
   1. Backup your custom RSG2 templates if you have any;
   2. Uninstall previous version from Joomla backend (databasetables and images will be
       kept, but RSG2 template directory will be removed):
       Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Components > Select RSGallery2 > click Uninstall
   3. Install new version (install recognises old version number and will automatically upgrade):
       Backend > Extensions > Install/Uninstall > Browse to package file > Click Upload File & Install
   4. Install your custom RSG2 template if you had any;
   5. Redo any custom changes

Edit 24 January 2012
RSGallery2 3.0.1 will not work in Joomla 2.5 due to a backwards compatibility issue. We plan on releasing RSGallery2 3.1.0 as soon as Joomla 2.5.0 is released and 3.1.0 is tested on Joomla 2.5.0.
In the mean time, for those interested and only for testing purposes there is an RSGallery2 Nightly Build available that is tested and does work with Joomla 2.5 beta1, beta2 en RC1.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:02:20 AM by mirjam »
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!