RSGallery2 support forums > Features requests !

Community Builder Integration

(1/2) > >>

scene66:
Is there a CB/ JomSocial or similar integration for RSGallery2?

The ability to have users uploading galleries to predetermined categories, and then having those gallery categories selectable from a menu would be a brilliant step forward.

mirjam:
Have you seen the CB_plugin_RSGallery2_tab plugin on http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/rsgallery2/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=6216?

If you click on the Release Name, e.g. CB_plugin_RSGallery2_tab_J17, you get a page with information, e.g. http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/rsgallery2/frs/?action=FrsReleaseView&release_id=16335.

JomSocial is a Commerical extension (according to the JED), I don't have access to that, while Community Builder (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/communities/210) is Non-Commercial.

scene66:

--- Quote from: mirjam on August 01, 2012, 11:44:17 AM ---Have you seen the CB_plugin_RSGallery2_tab plugin?

--- End quote ---
I hadn't seen it. Do you know if it will work (well) on J2.5? I'm guessing not yet as the docs say tested on J1.7.

Can a frontend CB user upload images as sub-galleries to master galleries as set by RSG2 in the backend?

mirjam:

--- Quote from: scene66 on August 03, 2012, 01:32:16 PM ---I hadn't seen it. Do you know if it will work (well) on J2.5? I'm guessing not yet as the docs say tested on J1.7.

--- End quote ---
According to the Joomla team everything that works on Joomla 1.6 should work as wel on 1.7 and 2.5 and everything working on 1.7 should work as well on Joomla 2.5. So, yes, I expect it to work. (There may be minor backwords compatibility issues, but of the three I encountered during testing of RSGallery2 on Joomla 2.5 alpha releases two were fixed in the final 2.5 release and one is not applicable here. So I estimate the chance that it works at 99,9%  :) , however, I did not test it as I don't use Community Builder myself. Is that a good enough explanation?)

--- Quote from: scene66 on August 03, 2012, 01:32:16 PM ---Can a frontend CB user upload images as sub-galleries to master galleries as set by RSG2 in the backend?

--- End quote ---
Depends entirely on which usergroup(s) the CV user belongs to and the RSGallery2 permission settings.

I can imagine that you have a usergroup "CB_users" and create one gallery "User Galleries" where you give the usergroup CB_users "Create Own" permission. If you limit the number of galleries that users can make to "1", your CB_users will be allowed to create galleries (ehmm, actually to create 1 gallery) and create (=upload) images (as many as the limitation you've set). For the Frontend My Galleries they can then benefit from the Edit Own, Edit State Own and Delete Own permissions available in RSGallery2 3.2.0.

If you need help in setting up permissions, please describe what you want to achieve and how your usergroups are set up. Joomla 2.5 permissions may be difficult to understand at first, but I find them (now  ;)) quite nice and versatile. My goal for RSGallery2 was to implement permissions in the same way as in Joomla itself, so the same permissions are available and a few more to accommodate RSGallery2.

scene66:

--- Quote from: mirjam ---... So, yes, I expect it to work ...
--- End quote ---
The plugin installed smoothly and appears to work on J2.5.

--- Quote ---I can imagine that you have a usergroup "CB_users" and create one gallery "User Galleries" where you give the usergroup CB_users "Create Own" permission. If you limit the number of galleries that users can make to "1", your CB_users will be allowed to create galleries (ehmm, actually to create 1 gallery) and create (=upload) images (as many as the limitation you've set). For the Frontend My Galleries they can then benefit from the Edit Own, Edit State Own and Delete Own permissions available in RSGallery2 3.2.0.

--- End quote ---
J2.5 permissions have defeated me so far (during the development of this particular site) and in relation to this CB project, I haven't tried with a special user group (say CB Users). But I have tried loading a gallery from the frontend under my own account (SuperAdmin) — and it worked! I think this is a huge breakthrough as I have seen a number of queries around the web looking for this or a similar solution. Congratulations and thank you.

--- Quote ---If you need help in setting up permissions, please describe what you want to achieve and how your usergroups are set up.

--- End quote ---
Thank you — I will be in touch! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version