collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: Where/How to Modify Pagination on Image View  (Read 2975 times)

maw093

Where/How to Modify Pagination on Image View
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »
Back again with more display issues! This is a fairly minor issue but I would like to get it fixed for better visual appeal.

System Info:
Database Version:    5.1.38
PHP Version:    5.2.9
Web Server:    Apache/2.2.20 (CentOS)
Web Server to PHP interface:    apache2handler
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 1.5.18 Stable (Not most recent I know!)

Installed RSGallery2 version:   2.3.0 (SVN 1097)
Installed Site Template: Juli (downloaded from http://www.webgau.de/)

So, from trying to get my tabs fixed, I know there are some display issues with the template I am currently using. My issue now is that the pagination links that appear in a list under the image, are spaced awkwardly and wrap around to the line below. The person I am trying to create this gallery project for does not like how that looks. Is there a way to limit the items to maybe 4 or 5 instead of 10 so it doesn't wrap weird.

The RSGallery2 component is being used in between side content, so the space for the gallery content is somewhat small.

Below is an image from the site showing how the page links appear:

Thanks!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Where/How to Modify Pagination on Image View
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »
Three ways to go (luckily I wondered about this myself once, it's not an RSGallery2 thing). I prefer the first way.

Change template CSS
(In general, did not look at your specific template) The template you use for Joomla has some CSS styling. With a tool like Firebug for Mozilla Firefox you can see what classes/elements are used for the pagination. With that tool you can also find out in what file the styling is used. And it's possible to change values, like a hexadecimal colour number, within Firebug so you can see what the change has for effect.

This might be used to adjust the spacing of the numbers and labels (start, prev, etc.) for example.

Override pagination function
The function that Joomla uses to output the HTML code for its pagination can be overridden. See this page for that: http://www.slurpitup.com/joomla/tips-and-tricks/how-to-style-default-joomla-pagination-with-css. Never tried it myself though, and possibly some PHP/HTML knowlegde is needed for this.

With this you change the way the pagination in your entire site looks. RSGallery2 uses the same pagination as the core Joomla components (like for example com_content for your articles).

With this the HTML output is changed, so perhaps you will need to adjust the CSS files in your Joomla template for this as well?

Changing the maximum number of pages
If you really want to change
« Start « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » End »
to for example
« Start « 1 2 3 4 5 » End »
then you will need to modify one of Joomla's core files as explained here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?52467-How-to-shorten-pagination.

This means that when you update (and you already know you should update  ;)) that the changes might be overridden. That happens when a later version has changes in that particular file that you're going to change. Having said that, for my Joomla 1.5.26 it is still the file /JOOMLAROOT/libraries/joomla/html/pagination.php on line 96 where you change the number of
Code: [Select]
$displayedPages = 10;
(and based on the info here: http://developer.joomla.org/development-status.html, I think there won't be anymore updates on Joomla 1.5 after 1.5.26).
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

maw093

Re: Where/How to Modify Pagination on Image View
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
Thank you much, that worked great since the site I am working on does not really use pagination anywhere but RS Gallery2.

And the site is going to be updated in the next couple weeks to 2.5 so who knows, all this work may be for nothing.

That's how it goes  ;)