collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: Unwanted white lines in gallery and lightbox view  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Harestree

Unwanted white lines in gallery and lightbox view
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
Hi,

I have installed RSGallery2 and I have an issue. Please see attached screenshot - my website has a dark background, and I see some unwanted white lines. In the thumbnail view, just one appears, across the page underneath the thumbnails. In the full size image view, then I see two, above and below the navigation, top and bottom of the image.

It's really off putting and doesn't fit the website style. Any help in removing these would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Richard.

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
Re: Unwanted white lines in gallery and lightbox view
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
These lines, their color, etc. can be changed by changing the CSS style(s), either for the Joomla template you're using or for the RSGallery2 template (depends on what you want to change and if you want to change it for your entire site).

Firebug is a nice addon for Mozilla Firefox that you can use to find out which style to change and to try different things.

For example see http://demo.rsgallery2.nl/index.php/component/rsgallery2/3-a-subgallery/21-1545497 where the image has a grey box and there is a grey line above the pagination "start prev 1 2 3 4 next end". With Firebug you can find out that the line comes from
Code: [Select]
#main .pagination {
    border-top: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
}
that is about the div element with class "pagination" within the div element with id "main" that has a border at the top of 1px wide solid line with color #DDDDDD (grey). With Firebug it's easy to disable this temporarily to see what happens when you remove this: the line is removed. Or to see what happens if you set the color to #FF0000 (red). With Firebug you can also see that you can find this particular line a in file called "beez5.css" on line 798 and if you dig a bit further the file is found in /JOOMLAROOT/templates/beez5/css/. So this particular solid grey line stems from Joomlas beez5 template (and not RSGallery2 itself).

Note that sometimes for a particular element there are several styles defined, e.g. to make a specific line red, or green, or blue, the last loaded bit of CSS info then decided which one it becomes. In such a case in can happen that blue is the last color defined and by removing it you see the red color. In firebug you then scroll down in the window to find which line in which file defines the color as red, etc.

I'd have to take a look at your website to find where to change what to remove the dotted line, it can be in RSGallery2, but it can be in your template as well...

In the example, if you change the color of the line it's not only changed on the RSGallery2 pages, but all throughout the site since it is in the Joomla template. It is possible though to define the CSS styling such that it only applies to RSGallery2 by using the div classed and ids that RSGallery2 generates.
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline Harestree

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »
Hi Mirjam.

Thank you very much indeed for your extensive reply. I'm about to download Firebug now as you suggest.

I'm very much non-technical in these matters, so it may take me a while to figure.

You mentioned you'd like to see the website to determine where to make the change. That would be very much appreciated. The address is www.harestree.com

The page is on the menu item 'rsgallery2' - you'll see that I have a gallery component installed already displaying on another page, but I want to change over to RSGallery2 for quite a few reasons (The excellent support that is available is one of them!).

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Richard.

Offline Harestree

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »
Hi Mirjam,

Just to let you know, I followed your example, and identified the line regarding the pagination in my template's main.css file. Hashed out a few lines of the code and took a look.

Perfect! Looks just as I want it to now, and you've opened up a world of possibilities now for me to go ahead and change other aspects.

Many, many thanks - looks like I can go ahead an migrate my gallery completely to RSGallery2.

Regards,

Richard. 

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »
That's good to hear! Welcome in the world of CSS styling ;-)

I learned and learn from other people's posts and in the same way try to pass that along. With a search engine you can find a lot of things when you know they exist. So browsing the web to learn a bit of CSS is worth some time. And it only will be easier the more you learn about it :-) So enjoy!

By the way, on your site the "RSGallery2" menu item now gives a 404 Not Found error, possibly you need to go to the menu item in the backend and save it again?

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline Harestree

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
Hi,

Sorry for the delay - I had a busy time with work and family, and, knowing that I wouldn't get the migration done in time, I temporarily unpublished the gallery. That would explain the 404 you got.

I am looking forward to learning some CSS, but that may be a little while in the future!

As I have been using the gallery more though, I have discovered two other issues that I cannot fathom.

1. After clicking on a thumbnail and viewing the full size image, I see no way of returning to the thumbnail view. Clicking on the image or away from the image, or on any of the navigation buttons for the slideshow don't do any thing. I can only see the thumbnail view again by clicking the menu again.

2. On clicking a thumbnail, as the transition to the full size image takes place, the page flashes white. It's just a brief flash, but as my webpage is all black, it's very noticeable.

Kindest regards,

Richard.

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
RSGallery2 does not seem to be available on your site right now.

On RSGallery2s demo page:
When you view a gallery (e.g. http://demo.rsgallery2.nl/index.php/component/rsgallery2/3-a-subgallery) you can click on a thumb, e.g. http://demo.rsgallery2.nl/index.php/component/rsgallery2/3-a-subgallery/23-1545499. The way to return to the gallery is via the breadcrumbpath, located here right above the menu, starting with "your are here". This gives the display sized image. When you click that image, the original image is shown. The way that is done is chosen by the user. See Backend > Components > RSGallery2 > Control Panel > Configuration > tab: Display > slider: Image Display > setting: Popup style, choice of "no popup", "normal popup" (like on the demo site), and "Joomla Modal".

I'd like to look at your site to see exactly what you mean, that's much easier than guessing with the demosite as an example ;-)