collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Forum closed by whazzup
[September 25, 2021, 02:56:14 PM]

How do i replace an image file with another image file by Malu
[December 16, 2020, 03:17:02 PM]

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

Author Topic: Description Tab Not Rendering Correctly In Firefox  (Read 4224 times)

Offline scene66

Description Tab Not Rendering Correctly In Firefox
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
Hi

The Description tab is not rendering correctly in Firefox.
• Please see screenshot.
• Also see: http://urbanchannel.com.au/item/12/asInline

Safari and Chrome OK. Other RSGallery installs on other sites OK.

I have scrutinised template.css and can't see any obvious things to change with my limited html knowledge.

Help much appreciated.

RSGallery2 3.2.0
Joomla 2.5.14

Offline scene66

Re: Description Tab Not Rendering Correctly In Firefox
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:22:10 AM »
Addition: Also noticed same display 'break' in Safari on iPad. Safari on desktop computer (mac) works OK, but note that the bounding box around the word "Description" is absent (screenshot).

The absence of the box is fine by me. I wonder if it is a template problem?

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
Same CSS styling problem as in the image in this post (I don't think you could've found this with the search function if you didn't know it was there):
http://www.rsgallery2.nl/display_and_templates/my_galleries_tabs_stacked_top_each_other_16847.msg44071.html#msg44071

See reply #10/#11 and #12 in that thread for solutions.

Now for your specific template when I use Firefox 24 and change things using Firebug to test:
Remove the "display: inline" on ".rsg2 dl.tabs dt" in template.css will get you started.
Adding the "float: left" on .rsg2 dl.tabs combined with the "clear: both" on ".rsg2 div.current" fixes things.

Note that the css 'names' (like .rsg2 dl.tabs dt) are taken from Firebug, not from the css file directly, so perhaps you need to tweak things a bit: find out where the css styling for you using your template combined with RSG2 is found (Firebug) and do some trial and error with your changes.
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline scene66

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
Same CSS styling problem as in the image in this post (I don't think you could've found this with the search function if you didn't know it was there):
http://www.rsgallery2.nl/display_and_templates/my_galleries_tabs_stacked_top_each_other_16847.msg44071.html#msg44071

See reply #10/#11 and #12 in that thread for solutions.

I looked and didn't find that thread. That solution fixed the rendering of the tab — thank you.

Now for your specific template when I use Firefox 24 and change things using Firebug to test:
Remove the "display: inline" on ".rsg2 dl.tabs dt" in template.css will get you started.
Adding the "float: left" on .rsg2 dl.tabs combined with the "clear: both" on ".rsg2 div.current" fixes things.

In Firefox and Safari (on a desktop computer), I have perfect rendering. In Opera and Safari mobile I have a lesser display issue with the rendering (screenshot). I will have a poke around and see what I can find.

I have to say, the support on this board is very good (for a very good product!) — I was moved to make a second donation last week and can only encourage others to do the same. Donation tab on home page!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
Thank you!

In Firefox and Safari (on a desktop computer), I have perfect rendering. In Opera and Safari mobile I have a lesser display issue with the rendering (screenshot). I will have a poke around and see what I can find.

I suspect you need a "clear both" on a float somewhere...
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!