collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Can't get RSG "Show My Galleries" to work by Dampfnudel
[February 25, 2019, 11:01:55 AM]

Change the order of uploaded images in the gallery by whazzup
[February 19, 2019, 10:37:29 PM]

Upload timeout for large galleries (500 images each) by whazzup
[February 11, 2019, 10:07:25 PM]

Greetings from Ronald Smit by whazzup
[January 06, 2019, 03:39:22 PM]

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

search.html.php refer to rsgsearch.css with a wrong path by whazzup
[January 13, 2018, 08:12:04 PM]

Slow Gallery with many Photos by whazzup
[September 22, 2017, 09:22:33 AM]

Show gallery as slideshow from Menu Manager ?

• 11 replies
Show gallery as slideshow from Menu Manager ?
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:56:53 PM »
Hi everybody !

I don't know if I'm in the right section, so forgive me if it the case.

I'm actualy working on a photographer's website. And I only use the slideshow view.
Like this : http://julienboisard.fr/component/rsgallery2/2-pyrenees?page=slideshow

And for some reasons I need to show show my galleries as slideshow from the Joomla! Menu Manager. (SEO, proper links …)

Because images speak more than words :

Have you an idea of how can I do this ?

Thanks.

Valentin.

Offline mirjam

Re: Show gallery as slideshow from Menu Manager ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:12:15 PM »
Hi Valentin,

A while ago I spent some time on implementing just what you ask (on J!1.6/1.7 in RSG2 v3.x), but then I could not get it to work properly. So I just tried to figure out what didn't work and now it either works with a few changes that I just made or I don't see the problem anymore...

This will add a second option for RSGallery2 for "Select a Menu Type". Would you test this please?

Instructions:
- unzip attached SlideshowView_patch_RSG2_v3.zip file: these are files in the correct directory structure, they go in /JOOMLAROOT/ (some are RSG2 backend files, some are RSG2 frontend files)
- find the /JOOMLAROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_rsgallery2.ini file and add
Code: [Select]
COM_RSGALLERY2_SLIDESHOWVIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE="Slideshow view"
COM_RSGALLERY2_SLIDESHOWVIEW_DEFAULT_DESC="Slideshow view where the gallery for this menu item can be chosen."
These are the new language strings needed. You can add them in a similar way to your own language if that isn't "en-GB".
- Create a menu-item: Backend > [choose a menu] > New > Select > COM_RSGALLERY2_SLIDESHOWVIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE (or: Slideshow view; found below RSGallery2) > choose the gallery in the Required settings and give the menu item a Menu Title and save.
Now there should be a menu-item on the front-end linked to the slideshow.

I hardly did any testing on this, but it works on RSGallery2 3.0.0 RC1 and 3.0.1 on Joomla 1.7 with two menu-items showing two different galleries.

You also will have to modify the slideshow a bit: the slideshow shows a "Back to gallery" link that won't do anything in this case, so that needs to be removed. For slideshow parth you can do this
Find the file /JOOMLAROOT/components/com_rsgallery2/templates/slideshow_parth/html/slideshow.php and find the lines 64-68
<div style="float: right;">
<a href="index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=<?php echo JRequest::getVar('Itemid');?>&gid=<?php echo $this->gid;?>">
<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSGALLERY2_BACK_TO_GALLERY');?>
</a>
</div>
add some lines of code before and after this piece (its a condition that when the menu-item is a slideshow only item as we just made then the link won't show):
<?php
//Show link only when menu-item is a direct link to the slideshow
if (JRequest::getVar('view') !== 'slideshow') {
?>

<div style="float: right;">
<a href="index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=<?php echo JRequest::getVar('Itemid');?>&gid=<?php echo $this->gid;?>">
<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSGALLERY2_BACK_TO_GALLERY');?>
</a>
</div>
<?php
}
?>

Let me know if this works for you!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:06:53 PM by mirjam »
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
Hi,

thanks for your quick reply Mirjam, I'll try it today and I let you know :D 8)

Valentin

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »
It works perfectly on my MAMP testing server  8) , but not at julienboisard.fr  :( :-\ . I've made a mistake somewhere.

But if it's working on my MAMP !  :D So thanks a lot !

It could be a good idea to integrate this option on the next version of RSGallery2  ;)

Offline mirjam

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »
It works perfectly on my MAMP testing server, but not at julienboisard.fr
Doublecheck that the files are in the correct place, doublecheck that you're talking about RSG2 version 3.x and not 2.x and then:
Can you tell what is not working at julienboisard.fr? Do you see the new option in the "Select a Menu Type" screen? If so, can you select the gallery that you want to? What works and what does not at julienboisard.fr with respect to your MAMP testing server?

Is there a difference in PHP version, webserver (Apache or not), RSG2 version, Joomla version?

It could be a good idea to integrate this option on the next version of RSGallery2  ;)
Yes, that's the idea, but first it needs to be tested well enough, and there you are helping right now! If it all works well enough it goes into the next version, and before that it's available in the Nightly Build (not yet though).

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
I've doublechecked  :(

It's the same config on mamp and julienboisard.fr :

Apache
PHP : 5.2.17
Joomla : 1.7.2
RSG2 : 3.0.1 (SVN 1046)

What if i copy my MAMP RSG2 to my Julienboisard.fr RSG2 (administrator/components/com_rsgallery2 and components/com_rsgallery2) ? (witch files I have to conserve for the database connection … ?)

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 03:46:03 PM »
Sorry I forgot to describe my problem.

On MAMP it's display well as a list, but on julienboisard.fr it's display like this :

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
If i enter the id of my gallery in "Choose gallery" it's work perfectly !

But I've no list.

And for my friend Julien, it will be easier to chose directly on a list. ;)

But the time to find a solution, we'll settle for that, it's better for SEO.
Thanks a lot.

I'll check this post ;-)

Offline mirjam

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
What if i copy my MAMP RSG2 to my Julienboisard.fr RSG2 (administrator/components/com_rsgallery2 and components/com_rsgallery2) ? (witch files I have to conserve for the database connection … ?)
Since both RSG2 versions are the same you can just copy the files, having a backup of your 'old' files is always good. You can just copy the two directories that you mention, but on julienboisard.fr rename the /.../com_rsgallery2/ directories to  /.../com_rsgallery2__old/ first: that's your backup. Then transfer the files from your MAMP directories to the website.

The database connection is handled by Joomla itself, not the RSG2 component. Information for the database connection is stored in /JOOMLAROOT/configuration.php. No need to worry about that when you're copying files from/to the directories that you mention.

I use Akeeba Backup to make backups of my website. It's a great component when you for example you want te create a website on your testserver first and then copy/move it to the live website.

Sorry I forgot to describe my problem.

On MAMP it's display well as a list, but on julienboisard.fr it's display like this :

This tells me that the file /JOOMLAROOT/administrator/components/com_rsgallery2/models/fields/galleryNoRoot.php is not there. Doublecheck that the file is present, if not copy it there, if that doesn't work copy you MAMP administrator/components/com_rsgallery2 directory to your websites administrator/components/com_rsgallery2 directory (after renaming your websitedirectory to have a backup).

But I've no list.
The file mentioned above is needed to get a proper list: all that the file does is show the user the gallerynames while inserting the gallery id number in the link. So a list is, indeed, much nicer.

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »
I'll do that after finishing the front end design, blog and other finishings …

I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot for your precious help.

Valentin

Offline mirjam

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
But I've no list.
Fixed this: I used a the name "galleryNoRoot" that worked fine on XAMPP (on windows) but did not show the gallery select list (as in the image you posted on 30 October 2011, 15:46:03) on your and my webserver ("mine" is on CentOS). The all lowercase version "gallerynoroot" did the trick.

You can download the latest Nightly Build 1050 where the Slideshow Menulink is included (and View Access Levels as well). Let me know if this works for you...

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
I do not had time yet to test on julienboisard.fr but I will have the opportunity to test it this week on another site, I'll let you know.