Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
December 13, 2018, 05:05:18 AM
News:
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Pluign and module by whazzup
[June 08, 2018, 11:57:13 PM]

Version 4.4.1 released by whazzup
[May 31, 2018, 04:31:16 PM]

search.html.php refer to rsgsearch.css with a wrong path by whazzup
[January 13, 2018, 08:12:04 PM]

Slow Gallery with many Photos by whazzup
[September 22, 2017, 09:22:33 AM]

Batch Upload via frontend by whazzup
[September 11, 2017, 10:20:50 PM]

Version 4.3.1 released by whazzup
[August 07, 2017, 10:34:02 PM]

File upload limit is 2MB by whazzup
[July 31, 2017, 10:09:21 PM]

Fixed: Users can see other users galleries name when they try to add photos. by whazzup
[July 23, 2017, 03:56:35 PM]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extra Field/ Line For Gallery Date/ Extra Information  (Read 6641 times)

Offline scene66

Extra Field/ Line For Gallery Date/ Extra Information
« on: August 19, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
Wishlist Feature

I'm using the Latest Gallery module (it's great). If the gallery description is too long, the text pushes the adjoining gallery thumb away from the grid.

In the screenshot, I have had to shorten the description of the galleries to avoid this. For my application I also need to list the date of the event which puts greater stress on the length of the description. I note the event date (an optional function already in the module) is different to the upload date.

An ideal solution in this instance would be to have 2 lines of text. Perhaps an extra field as the second line? Perhaps the text wraps after a certain amount of characters.

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team

Re: Extra Field/ Line For Gallery Date/ Extra Information
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
If my description is too long the image moves up and the image upload date moves down. I can use CSS to get around that by giving the div element for the name a height:
Code: [Select]
div.mod_rsgallery2_latest_galleries_name {
    height: 41px;
    text-align: center;
}
(I use Firebug to test and try what height I like best and then it's to the user's judgement if there should be room for 1, 2, 3 or more lines). Perhaps you also need a width CSS setting for this div, but that's hard to tell without knowing your exact settings. My settings are 3x4 display images with a CSS img height of 100 (pixels) and a CSS div width of 100 (pixels). This wraps my longer descriptions to two lines.

The date of the image is the date the gallery was created. At the moment this cannot be edited (and sadly, in the near future I won't have time to do anything about that).
With a little boy in the house I don't spend as much time on RSG2 anymore.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline scene66

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
Quote from: mirjam
If my description is too long the image moves up and the image upload date moves down. I can use CSS to get around that by giving the div element for the name a height:
Code: [Select]
div.mod_rsgallery2_latest_galleries_name {
    height: 41px;
    text-align: center;
}

Gold.

Quote from: mirjam
Perhaps you also need a width CSS setting for this div ...

I guessed the code of {width: xxxpx} and it worked.

Thank you again for simply brilliant support.

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:05:09 PM »
Your welcome :-)

You just may have some fun taking a look at http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_div.asp and
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp. That's the main page where I start(ed) learning CSS and the div and img tags you already know some things about now.

I still like RSG2, if you do too, please think about how you can invest some of your time in RSG2... the one remaining coding volunteer (Whazzup) can use your help!

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
I have a Latest Galleries module on the front page of the site (which I use for global content).

It would be very useful when creating a second version of the Latest Galleries module on other pages to be able to select sub-galleries (or Gallery ID) for content specific to the sub-page.

Please try and test the attached version.

Added are the possibility to include a specific set of galleries and optional also their subgalleries and the height of the div with the galleryname can be set in the paramters.

Offline scene66

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »
I have a Latest Galleries module on the front page of the site (which I use for global content).

It would be very useful when creating a second version of the Latest Galleries module on other pages to be able to select sub-galleries (or Gallery ID) for content specific to the sub-page.

Please try and test the attached version.

Absolutely perfect! Very powerful function. How functional can this module get?

I'm off to make a small financial contribution! Thank you.

Offline mirjam

• Retired from Dev Team

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 01:22:19 PM »
Thanks for all of your feedback!

The module is now released and available on JoomlaCode as well: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/rsgallery2/frs/?action=FrsReleaseView&release_id=17592

Offline harden1234

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »
:)

Offline whazzup

• Dev Team

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 10:50:53 AM »
Dear harden1234,
Its always nice to get a smile.

In your case it looks like there is more behind. Could you please explain your actual need as it may be in a seperate place then the case handled above.

The issue "Extra field/line ..." above was solved for module "LatestGalleries"
which is ready for J3x in
https://github.com/RSGallery2/RSGallery2_Module_LatestGalleries

regards whazzup

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:38:30 PM by whazzup »
If you are looking for the newest version of  RSGallery2 for Joomla 3 please check out https://github.com/RSGallery2
Pages: [1]   Go Up