Developers corner > Developer Lobby

how to modify xml output for only one flash template?

(1/2) > >>

Daniel Tulp:
Jonah, just posting here for clarity

now, the xml is outputted like this:

--- Code: ---<gallery name="test2">
<image name="PICT0011.JPG"/>
<image name="Bruiloft-MM_051.jpg"/>
</gallery>
--- End code ---

what if I want it to be:

--- Code: ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<images>
    <pic>
        <image>gallery/1.jpg</image>
        <thumbnail>gallery/s1.jpg</thumbnail>
        <caption>Some lamp on the ground</caption>
    </pic>
</images>
--- End code ---

I want this, because I want to link Free Flash Gallery to it:
http://www.flashgallery.org

can I modify the xml output of RSGallery2 for only one flash template?

Daniel Tulp:
sorry, already figured it out  :-[

Daniel Tulp:
ok, now I have the problem that I can't specify the path or name to the xml file in the object element code

is there a way so I can overcome this problem (don't have access to the source of the flash gallery)

Jonah:

--- Quote from: Daniel Tulp on April 13, 2007, 05:57:37 PM ---sorry, already figured it out  :-[

--- End quote ---

to clarify for others the easiest method is just to create another flash template.  make sure you specify what template to use in the url when calling the xml file.

Jonah:

--- Quote from: Daniel Tulp on April 13, 2007, 06:25:57 PM ---ok, now I have the problem that I can't specify the path or name to the xml file in the object element code

is there a way so I can overcome this problem (don't have access to the source of the flash gallery)

--- End quote ---

:( that's too bad.  if the flash object doesn't take the xml url as either parameter in the url or as a param then it won't work.  the best you could do is view the xml manually and save it in a file where the object is expecting it, but that sort of defeats the whole purpose.

Most flash players (especially the commercial flash players) will accept the xml url in a <param> tag.  But if it doesn't, and you don't have the source, you can't change that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version